Today, a new Valheim update has been released, bringing a variety of bug fixes to the hugely popular survival RPG.
Update 0.147.3, as it is called, is out now and is focused mostly on changes to how dedicated servers work.
Valheim Update 0.147.3 Patch Notes Confirmed
The patch notes have been released over on Steam, and they mention the addition of the ability to host local lan only servers and a change to how wolves act in the world.
It also sees "dedicated servers now always use direct connections instead of using Steam Datagram Relay (SDR)," and as the developers note, "this should result in much lower latency for most players."
Read More: 7 Vital Valheim Tips & Tricks For Beginners Starting Out
We've included the full patch notes down below:
- Localization updates
- Made Haldor head-turn smoother
- Object network interpolation is skipped if object was far away, solved issue with network players flying through the air when entering dungeons & exiting portals etc
- Added -public 1/0 flag to dedicated server again, Allows players to host local lan only servers
- Join IP-button updated to allow for lan-connections (dedicated servers only) & added DNS support
- Dedicated servers use directIP connection instead of SDR, solves issues with slow steam relays in some areas of the world
- Bonemass puke-effect network fix
- Updated Dedicated-server PDF manual
- Prevent pickup items when entering portal
- Lowered wolf procreation slightly
- Lowered chance of boss trophy talking
As more content and updates are added to Valheim while it's in early access, we'll be sure to update you.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Valheim page.