Assassin's Creed Valhalla has come an awful long way over the last year, seeing tonnes of updates hit the game. Now, we're preparing for the holiday event and a huge new patch just launched. Here's what you should know about the 1.4.1 patch notes.
When is the Assassin's Creed Valhalla 1.4.1 update out?
The Assassin's Creed Valhalla 1.4.1 update comes out today, December 14th. This comes months after the last one - in time for the holiday events.
You can find all the major information in the Tweet above. Check it out right now.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla 1.4.1 Download Size
Here are all the download sizes for each major platform:
- Xbox Series X|S: ~69 GB
- Xbox One: ~60 GB
- PlayStation®5: ~39 GB
- PlayStation®4: ~65 GB
- PC: ~77 GB
Assassin's Creed Valhalla 1.4.1 update patch notes
Below are the central patch notes you can find. Outside of this, there are some pretty interesting changes to the Yule event and crossover stories. Read about them right here.
Below you’ll find our first iteration of stealth improvements.
- Improved instances where NPCs could detect players when vision between the player and NPCs is obstructed.
- Reduced the hold time and speed restriction when blending with crowds
- Resolved some issues that caused players to be instantly detected when they should not have been.
- Updated Quest Log Ordering: Quests will now be ordered based on the Recommended Power Level.
- New content pop-ups will no longer appear after completing the Rude Awakening quest.
- Adjusted balancing for melee damage scaling, ranged damage scaling, critical strike chance skills, and runes of finesse critical chance.
- Players will now be able to view up to 1200 runes in their inventory.
- Players will now be able to see up to 200 items in the transmog menu.
- Added a purchase celebration page to the Animus Store.
Main Quests, World Events, and Side Activities
- Basim followed Eivor everywhere if player used Fast travel in Puppets and Prisoners.
- The Daughter of Lerion encounter against Regan could not be started.
- Players couldn't locate Prey in the High Hall / The Legend of Beowulf to talk to Wulfhilda.
- Couldn't proceed with The Mysterious Berserker.
- Couldn't complete Bleeding the Leech as they could be falling through the floor.
- The Siege of Paris: Couldn't interact with Toka to start the quest Strangers Bearing Gifts.
- Wrath of the Druids: Barid and Ciara would not go to the coronation for Flann over Ireland.
- Numerous clipping issues.
- Numerous camera issues.
- Guided Arrow and Charged Shot skill could use same M&K mapping as Bow Stun Finisher.
- Shattered Destroyer's perk resets stack and doesn't enter cooldown if the enemy counters/attacks the player while still using the special attack.
- Helmet and facial hair could disappear when hooded while wearing the Fallen Hero gear.
- The seax on the ealdorman outfit could disappear randomly when equipping different weapons.
- Plague of Rats did higher damage than intended to some bosses.
- Missile reversal-ing a flash bomb could sometimes create an invisible barrier to be left behind, causing subsequent missiles to collide with an invisible wall.
- Mastery Challenge: Enemy NPCs could sometimes be seen to jump from their stations in the Wenlocan Outpost trial of the bear.
- Numerous UI/HUD issues.
- Rations, Health, and Stamina Bars were missing when Abilities and Adrenaline option was set to OFF.
- Removed the Hide/Show Gear option from the cloak while a disguise is active.
- The adrenaline bar would not fill after the second chain assassination when hitting the shield or back of an enemy.
- Discovery Tour: Blood FX Settings did not save.
- Discovery Tour: First Person camera did not trigger when players toggled the Close Camera Option to ON.
- No interaction prompt for a key in the Boudicca Tomb.
Graphics, Animation, and Audio
- Numerous graphics, texture, animation, or lighting issues.
- Numerous sound issues.
- Tombs of the Fallen: Some sound effects were missing in some of the Tombs of the Fallen.
- Tombs of the Fallen: No VFX is played if the weight was put on a pressure plate post loading a manual save.
- Instances of misplaced or floating objects or textures.
- Instances where Eivor, NPCs, or the longship would get stuck.
Ubisoft Connect Challenges, Achievements & Trophies
- Pascal Lamb challenge wouldn't unlock under certain circumstances.
- Puca Ubisoft Connect Core Challenge could not be completed under certain circumstances.
- King’s Maker did not unlock automatically after conditions were met.
Performance and Stability
- Improved performance and stability.
- The game could freeze when disconnecting and reconnecting a controller while the wheel menu was open.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Assassin's Creed and More page.