Assassin's Creed Valhalla has seen tonnes of updates over the last year, seeing two new DLCs and hundreds of patch notes hit the game. With title update 1.4.0 on the way, here's what you should know about it.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Update 1.4.0 Release Date
Title update 1.4.0 arrives tomorrow, November 9th. This will prepare the game for a new festival and make way for more holiday events over the coming month.
This may be the last major update before the end of the year.
This is a sizeable update that comes with tonnes of changes. You may need to clear up some space on that hard drive.
Here are the sizes on each platform:
- Xbox Series X|S: 25 GB
- Xbox One: 20 GB
- PlayStation 5: 6.75 GB
- PlayStation 4: 4.55 GB
- PC: 20.31 GB
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Update 1.4.0 Patch notes
There are lots of changes this time around. As well as some new tombs of the fallen and skills, you can find changes to the base gameplay. Here are some of the most noticable entries:
Main Quests, World Events, and Side Activities
- Unable to interact with AxeHead.
- Unable to escort convey in quest "Old Friends," marker did not move.
- Cavalier/Heavy Cavalry stopped fighting when the player was mounted on a Horse and was further away.
- Basim and Sigurd didn't follow the player in Brewing Rebellion.
- Quest NPC could be beneath the world in The Thegn of Lincoln.
- Cordial Invitation couldn't be started due to a dead NPC.
- Orwig Neverdeath didn't spawn in Hordafylke.
- Couldn't interact with NPC during Edmund's Arrow world event.
- Couldn't defeat boss in Binding Fate due to them spawning underground.
- "New Avenge Quest" celebration repeatedly appeared on the screen when looting or interacting with objects near the avenge corpse without picking up the quest.
- Graphics, Animation, and Audio
- Numerous graphics, texture, animation, or lighting issues.
- Numerous Colorblind mode issues.
- Improvements to some raven textures.
- Instances of misplaced or floating objects or textures.
- Instances where Eivor, NPCs, or the longship would get stuck.
Performance and Stability
- Improved performance and stability
For more articles like this, take a look at our Assassin's Creed and More page.