The Football Manager 2023 Winter Update is one of the most anticipated updates in gaming, with bug fixes and gameplay alterations arriving to much acclaim.
This year, with the update finally released, we haven't just seen updates to gameplay, but also a number of players have received upgrades.
From patch notes to major changes, check out everything you need to know about the Football Manager 2023 Winter Update below.
LATEST - Out NOW
The Football Manager 2023 Main Data Update went live on Thursday, 2 March, bringing a host of major changes to the game.
The FM23 Winter Update is highly anticipated every year as it brings new transfers, gameplay updates and bug fixes to the game. Changes in the 23.3 update include, but are not limited to:
- Stability and crash fixes
- Fixes to reduce mistakes from bad touches in certain areas of the pitch
- Fixes to defenders not preparing correctly for crosses in certain situations
- Improvements to defender reaction to long through balls
- Tweaks to make attacking players move quicker to support counter-attacks
- Improvements to how AI managers use different midfield role combinations
- Improvements to central defender and defensive midfielder positioning from long goal kicks
- Improvements to how attacking wide players track back when defending
- Fixes for defending wide indirect free kicks at the edge of the area
- 'Header won' statistic now only counts contested headers
- Improvements to the Recruitment Focus logic
- Fixed cases of reserve or youth team tactics appearing blank in the Development Centre
- Tweaks to development loans for AI teams
- Improvements to fixture scheduling, particularly the frequency of consecutive home or away games
- Updated substitution rules across various competitions
FM23 Winter Update
Football Manager 2023's Winter Update will bring bug fixes and subtle gameplay tweaks, acting upon anything reported to the developers by players since the game's full launch.
The Football Manager 2023 Winter Update will also bring changes to player ratings and may even see new wonderkids added to the game, as happened a few years ago with the arrival of Borussia Dortmund hotshot Youssoufa Moukoko.
With real-life managerial changes and transfers reflected in-game, Football Manager 2023's Winter Update promises to bring a fresh face-lift to your save.