Brand new features are coming every week this October to help celebrate the festivities. We're being promised huge content drops as well as more cube chaos and the introduction of some iconic creatures and characters.
Here's everything you need to know about Fortnitemares in 2021!
Latest - Resident Evil Collaboration Announced
In a shock move, the S.T.A.R.S bundle was added to the item store overnight and contains some incredible Resident Evil skins.
You can now play as Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine with both having alternative skins for RE 8 and 3 respectively. The bundle costs just 2,100 V-Bucks but won't be around for long!
Cube Queen & Ariana Arrive!
The Cube Queen has landed on the island and The Convergence has been created. It's being affectionately referred to as Cube Town but this POI is set to play a huge role at the end of the Fortnitemares event coming soon.
Ariana Grande has also returned as an NPC this time! You can track her down on the pier at Believer Beach to begin her 5-stage punchcard.
Fortnitemares Teaser Cards Sent Out
On the day that Fortnite's 18.20 update was released, Fortnite content creators have been receiving mysterious Fortnitemares themed cards. You can see the cards from @HeyStani below:
Thankfully, the cards have been translated for those of you who don't read German. The translations are:
- Arms Card: Beware of the big one. Otherwise, it will pull you into the dark land and you have to overcome it.
- Scythe Card: Swing on it. Not with the pickaxe, but in the Sideways way.
- Golden Cube Card: The cubes are coming home, from the centre of which they rule. They adore their majesty.
- Mask Card: Disguise yourself as familiar creatures. Not from your imagination, but from past Fortnitemares.
Rick Grimes is coming to Fortnite
Rick Grimes is due to land in Fortnite on Saturday, 9 October during the Item Store reset. This means he should be available at 20:00 EST / 17:00 PST. For players in Europe, he will be available at 01:00 BST / 02:00 CEST on Sunday, 10 October.
'Tis the season to be spooky
Unleash the Fortnitemares celebration with Halloween-themed experiences across all of Fortnite's game modes. This includes Battle Royale and Creative!
Week 1 revelations
Here’s what you can look forward to in the first week of Fortnitemares:
- Find new and returning Halloween Outfits using flipped cards on the official Fortnite channels. These cards reveal legendary monsters making their way to the Island!
- Iconic Halloween characters like the Universal Studios-inspired Frankenstein’s Monster and The Mummy will also be joining the game as a part of the Universal Monsters Set. These will be available in the Fortnite Item Shop.
We now know that the Mystery Battle Pass character will be revealed during week 3!
Shortnitemares will be back as Fortnite’s third short-film festival. This time around, the animated shorts will be scarier and more ghoulish than ever before.
More details will be announced as the show time gets closer.
Chapter 2 Season 8
The Cubes are also going to be getting spookier as they level up their authority over the Island during the event. According to the Fortnite blog, they will escalate their stranglehold on the Island later this month.
Watch out for a new Limited Time Mode that will be returning to the game! We'll let you in on the latest updates as soon as they arrive.