Today is the day, the Genshin Impact 1.7/2.0 Livestream is happening this afternoon, showcasing everything we can expect from what will be one of the biggest updates for a while.
Below, we've got all the live updates on what will be revealed, so keep checking back with us.
Genshin Impact 1.7/2.0 Livestream Live Updates
Right here, we'll be adding all of the details that are revealed as the Genhsin Impact 1.7/2.0 stream happens, so keep checking back with us once it begins.
There will be a lot of exciting news on new banners, a new region, and a whole lot more.
- 7:45 a.m. EST - The stream has gone live with a static banner. Twitch chat is freaking out.
- 7:50 a.m. EST - Fans are pouring in, currently around 87,000 viewers are waiting to hear what is in store for Genshin Impact.
- 7:55 a.m. EST - We've been updated to the Genshin opening loading screen and music!
- 8:00 a.m. EST - Let's go!
- 8:00 a.m. EST - The stream is starting with a piano performance.
- 8:04 a.m. EST - Dawei has taken the stage
- 8:04 a.m. EST - The stream is in Chinese with English subtitles
- 8:05 a.m. EST - Genshin Impact 2.0 is official. Inazuma is official
- 8:05 a.m. EST - Inazuma, The Nation of Eternity
- 8:05 a.m. EST - Electro Traveler
- 8:06 a.m. EST - Brief glimpses of new enemies, characters
- 8:07 a.m. EST - Ayaka introduction
- 8:08 a.m. EST - Yoimiya introduction
- 8:08 a.m. EST - Sayu introduction
- 8:09 a.m. EST - AS6BQKLY9GLD - The first code: 100 Primos, 10 Mystic Enchantment Ore
- 8:10 a.m. EST -Game dev talk
- 8:15 a.m. EST - A brief shot of Sayu wielding a club (Claymore user)
- 8:16 a.m. EST - Inazuma details from a design point.
- 8:17 a.m. EST - Adding such a new region was an interesting challenge for the design team, since Mondstadt and Liyue are so developed at this point
- 8:18 a.m. EST - Inazuma is based on Eternity and Electro, themes that will play out throughout the region, with new Electro mechanics
- 8:20 a.m. EST - Traveling via "electro wire" shown
- 8:23 a.m. EST - A teahouse is being featured. Cute doggo
- 8:24 a.m. EST - Inazuma will feature larger, more dense locations than what players have previously seen
- 8:25 a.m. EST - Six different islands make up Inazuma
- 8:26 a.m. EST - Lightning happens in an instant, but the Electro Archon is now focused on Eternity
- 8:27 a.m. EST - Each of Inazuma's islands carries the theme of Inazuma, yet differs in ways according to their factions.
- 8:28 a.m. EST - Three different Commissions manage Inazuma
- 8:30 a.m. EST - The environment will contain many Electro features and resources
- 8:34a.m. EST - New characters: Ayaka, Yoimiya, and Sayu shown off once again, this time in more detail
- 8:36 a.m. EST - Ayaka is a kind-hearted young woman who is well-loved by the common people
- 8:37 a.m. EST - Ayaka will feature in Chapter II: Act I
- 8:38 a.m. EST - Yoimiya is a skilled pyrotechnician, and head of a fireworks company in Inazuma
- 8:39 a.m. EST - Yoimiya is dedicated to her art, and dedicated to her inner child
- 8:40 a.m. EST - Sayu is a ninja that specialized in mystical ninjitsu and perfects her skills so she has more time to slack off
- 8:41 a.m. EST - Sayu can wield Claymores larger than herself
- 8:41 a.m. EST - Elegance, transience, light - These are keywords that makeup Inazuman character
- 8:43 a.m. EST - The Raiden Shogun, Baal, is the first female Archon players meet
- 8:43 a.m. EST - Ayaka and Yoimiya's story quests will be in Genshin Impact 2.0
- 8:43 a.m. EST - Previews of other upcoming characters post 2.0, Raiden Shogun Baal, Thoma, Kujou Sara, Kokomi, Gorou, Yae Miko
- 8:46 a.m. EST - These are all the characters coming from the Inazuma region
- 8:46 a.m. EST - GBNA9J5H9Y4H - 100 Primos, 5 Hero's Wit
- 8:50a.m. EST - Talks of Inazuma landscape, and how different things will look in light and shadow
- 8:51 a.m. EST - Inspiration from Spirited Away led to the hidden spaces and tunnels beneath the surface of Inazuma
- 8:55 a.m. EST - Many locations in Inazuma have a Ghibli-esqe feel
- 8:57 a.m. EST - Talk of the soundtrack
- 8:58 a.m. EST - A 4 disc OST from Genshin Impact Chapter I is coming.
- 9:00 a.m. EST - The soundtrack for Inazuma will be much different from Liyue and Mondstadt, and is performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra
- 9:00 a.m. EST -Events coming: Thunder Sojourn, Stage of Wonders, Phantom Flow, Lost Riches, Ley Line Overflow
- 9:01 a.m. EST -Gardening coming to the Serenitea Pot
- 9:02 a.m. EST -Ruin Sentinels coming, as well as Inazuma bandits, and Fatui Mirror Maidens
- 9:03 a.m. EST - Pyro Hypostasis and Maguu Kenki bosses
- 9:04 a.m. EST - A new weapon wish system is coming, allowing players to shoose weapons and earn Fate Points to more riches.
- 9:05 a.m. EST - Two new Artifact Sets, and the Mystic Offering confirmed
- 9:06 a.m. EST - CROSS-SAVE ANNOUNCED between PlayStation and PC/Mobile
- 9:06 a.m. EST - LS6T4L9ZZ7TH - 100 Primos, 50,000 Mora
- 9:10 a.m. EST - That's all folks
1.7/2.0 Livestream Start Time & How to Watch
Known as the "Genshin Impact Preview" or "New Version Special Program Announcement", the Genhsin Impact 1.7/2.0 livestream will take place on Friday, July 9th.
Four hours later, YouTube will get the same livestream and it will be rebroadcast at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm BST.
New Features in 1.7
As for what to expect, you can check out all of the leaks here. However, there's one thing that stands out from the rest.
Inazuma is rumoured to be the third region of Genshin Impact's Teyvat, and it is set to be added to the game in the next major update.
Elsewhere, Genshin Impact leaker Lumie revealed that Ayaka would headling the first Event Banner on July 21, 2021, while Yoimiya will headline the second on August 10, 2021.
We should hear all about these new features in the stream today, so keep checking back with us.