Genshin Impact 2.3 is recently released, yet leaks and speculation about Genshin Impact 2.4 are already abuzz around the internet.
While it may seem that the next update is quite a bit away, it is never too early to get a jump on what is to come.
It looks like fans may be getting two new characters, a long-awaited map area, and a highly requested character re-runs that may become a yearly occurrence.
Release Time and Schedule
Genshin Impact 2.4 is rumored to release on January 5, 2022, running until February 15, 2022. This timing puts the Lantern Festival in the Genshin Impact 2.4 timeframe.
- The server's maintenance takes around five hours, with players being compensated 300 Primogems for the downtime.
Genshin Impact 2.4 Livestream
miHoYo usually runs a Livestream around one week after the release of a new update. The Genshin Impact 2.4 live stream can take place on Friday, December 24, 2021. This date being Christmas Eve in many places across the world, the Livestream date may be different.
Genshin Impact live streams are run over at the official Genshin Impact Twitter channel.
Genshin Impact 2.4 Character Banners
miHoYo has officially released information regarding the 5-Star Cryo Polearm user, Shenhe, and the 4-Star Geo Polearm user, Yun Jin. These two characters will arrive in Genshin Impact 2.4 alongside two re-runs, which are rumored to be Xiao and Ganyu.
LATEST- Map Changes
Enkanomiya is set to be the latest area added to Genshin Impact. An underground area beneath Inazuma will have an alternating cycle of Evernight and Whitenight that affects the appearance of nine different subareas. Enkanomiya is currently available in the Genshin Impact 2.4 beta, and details may change before its final release.
This new area will introduce new enemies, the Bathysmal Vishaps. Beasts with amphibious physiology that drain the Energy of Characters.
The new bosses are the bigger version of these Bathysmal Vishaps. The Rimebitter Bathysmal Vishap and Bolteater Bathysmal Vishap will drop Dragonheir's False Fin ascension material for Shenhe.
New Weapons and Artifacts
- New 5-star Polearm from the Gacha System. Possible release in the Second Weapon Banner of Genshin Impact 2.4
- The signature weapon of Shenhe, an image of the Polearm, appears in Shenhe's official splash art.
- New artifact set for Cryo character. The domain location to farm this artifact set is unknown, most likely a new domain in Enkanomiya.
- Two pieces of Glacier and Snowfield will increase Cryo DMG by 15%.
- Four pieces of this set will increase Superconduct DMG by 100%, Melt DMG by 15%, and increase by 30% when the character uses an Elemental Burst.
Skins for Keqing and Ningguang are on the way, prices similarly to Jean's currently available outfit.
Genshin Impact 2.4 is bringing a batch of new events and some fan favorites re-runs:
- Hangout Series V: Ningguang and Yun Jin
- The return of the Lantern Rite Festival
- This event will give players a Ningguang's skin and a Free 4-star Liyue character of their preference. (Including Yun jin)
- Over Mountains and Seas (Kichiboushi outing event)
- The return of Windtrace, with new Hide and Seek Locations.
- A Study in Potions - Alchemy Event with Timaeus,
- The opening of the Electro Sigil Shop in Inazuma City.
It seems some Dendro Elemental Reactions have been added to Genshin Impact's files in the 2.4 Beta. Overgrow and Overdose are the codenames but may end up being the actual terms used in-game when Dendro reacts with other elements.