The 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor is one of the most enjoyed characters in Genshin Impact. For those unfortunate travelers that do not have this cute Pyromaniac cutie yet, there is some good news.
Hu Tao is coming back in the second banner of Genshin Impact 2.2 this upcoming November 2nd, 2021.
Hu Tao as a DPS
Hu Tao is a great character, with the ability to scale her DMG base in her HP. Her mechanics are far from being simple, but they are highly rewarding.
- Hu Tao's Elemental Burst allows her to swing around a fire spirit, dealing massive Pyro damage in a wide area and heal herself.
- Hu Tao's Elemental Skill allows her to sacrifice a certain HP to infuse her weapon with the Pyro element.
- Using characters with Skills that stay on the field for a long time and then switching to Hu Tao will let you trigger elemental reactions.
Hu Tao Main DPS Build
- Hu Tao is one of the best DPS in the game. However, it is a bit tricky to manage her HP.
- Hu Tao at low HP can be vulnerable in getting knocked out after a few hits. To keep Hu Tao alive, bring teammates that can heal or shield.
- She will be stronger the lower HP she has. Hu Tao received a buff in Pyro DMG when her HP is lower than 50%
Hu Tao Best Weapons
|5-Star||Staff of Homa||CRIT DMG||Reckless Cinnabar HP increased by 20%. Additionally, it provides ATK Bonus based on 0.8% of the Max HP. When the wielder's HP is less than 50%, this ATK Bonus is increased by an additional 1% of Max HP.|
|4-Star||Dragon's Bane||Ery||Increases DMG against enemies affected by Hydro or Pyro by 20%.|
- The Staff of Homa was the first tailor-made weapon in Genshin Impact. It is the perfect fit for Hu Tao, increasing her damage when she is low in HP.
- Other 5-star weapons like Jade Primordial or Swyward Spine are also helpful if players do not have the Staff of Homa.
- Dragon's Bane is the best F2P option providing Hu Tao with extra Pyro DMG,
Hu Tao Best Artifacts
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best||Crimson Witch of Flames||Crimson Witch of Flames||HP / Pyro DMG / CRIT Rate - HP|
|Substitute||Crimson Witch of Flames||Shimenawa's Reminiscence||HP / Pyro DMG / ATK%|
- 4 pieces set of Crimson Witch of Flames are the perfect fit for her if you decide to use her as main or sub DPS.
- In case players do not have Artifacts with a great combination of Crit Rate and HP, they can opt to increase Hu Tao's ATK or Elemental Mastery
- 2 Pieces Noblesse Oblige or Shimenawa's Reminiscence are the best alternatives for Hu Tao's artifacts.
The Best Hu Tao Party Composition
|Main DPS||Hu Tao||Pyro|
- Hu Tao partners very well with characters from Hydro and Cryo elements.
- Her great damage potential allows her teammates to be under level as long they grant her consisting elemental reaction.
- Geo characters or healers will make it easier for the HP management to exploit her full potential.
- Xingqiu is her best partner, buffing her damage and allowing constant vaporize.
- Another option can include a Pyro sub-DPS that works like a battery and alternate source of DMG. Xianling is an excellent option.
- With the suitable investment, Hu Tao can produce one of the most significant damages among all characters.
Hu Tao will be available in a few days in her banner re-run, along with the new character Thoma. Do not let this chance pass by.