Ningguang, a prominent figure of Liyue city, is featured in the first banner in Genshin Impact 2.2, Farewell of Snezhnaya.
The only Geo catalyst in the game, Ningguang is a very underrated character. So here's our ultimate guide to reach her full potential.
Who is Ningguang?
Ningguang is the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing, the merchant's committee that administers the city of Liyue.
She is also behind the creation of the Jade of Chamber, a floating palace that watches over all Liyue.
- She is a 4-star Geo Catalyst capable of dealing sustained and burst damage.
- Ningguang, elemental burst, requires low energy and is excellent in destroying enemy shields.
- Ningguang is a very accessible character, with Ascension Materials and Constellations constantly available.
- Genshin Impact will introduce new Geo characters that can have high synergy with Ningguang.
Ningguang as a Sub DPS
- Ningguang offered diverse benefits for your party
- High output of Burst Damage.
- Drop shields for your teammates
- Great as Geo battery and Geo Resonance.
- Jade Screen provided protection against projectiles, offered a buff to Ningguang Elemental Burst, and boosted other geo characters.
- Ningguand is different from other Catalyst users for having a low level of energy consumption, allowing her to spam her abilities very often.
- She is powerful against big bosses, changing from Burst DMG to Sustained DMG with the same built.
|5-Star||Memory of Dust||ATK||Increases Shield Strength by 20%. Scoring hits on opponents increases ATK by 4% for 8s. Max 5 stacks. Can only occur once every 0.3s. While protected by a shield, this ATK increase effect is increased by 100%|
|5-Star||Skyward Atlas||ATK||Increases Elemental DMG Bonus by 12%. Normal Attack hits have a 50% chance to earn the favor of the clouds. which actively seek out nearby opponents to attack for 15s, dealing 160% ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 30s|
|4-Star||The Widsith||Crit. DMG||When a character takes the field, they will gain a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur once every 30s. Recitative: ATK is increased by 60%. Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 48%. Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 240|
- Memory of Dust, this weapon is unintentionally tailor-made for her. Great for DPS builds. Ningguang is the character that takes the best advantage of this catalyst passive.
- Memory of Dust is part of the Weapon Banner in Genshin Impact 2.2
- Despite being a 5-star weapon, Skyward Atlas is part of the weapons with high probabilities in the standard banner. Good investment, this book is helpful for most Catalyst users.
- There is not a very good fit F2P for Ningguang, although while you wait for a 5-star, she is more than viable in the early game with Mappa Mare and Frostbearer, two craftable catalysts.
Ningguang Best Artifacts
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best||Gladiator Finale||Archaic Petra||ATK% / Geo DMG / Crit. Rate or Crit. DMG|
|Substitute||Noblesse Oblige||Archaic Petra||ATK% / Geo DMG / Elemental Mastery|
- Archaic Petra will boost Ningguang with extra Geo DMG.
- Four pieces of this artifact are great if Ningguang switches to another damage dealer after picking up a shield orb, giving a buff of 35% more DMG to your teammates.
- Gladiator's Finale will increase all her DMG stats with extra ATK multipliers.
- Noblesse Oblige will increase the damage of her Elemental Burst.
Ningguang Best Team
|Main DPS||Bennet / Xiangling||Pyro|
Geo characters are excellent plug-and-play. Their build is straightforward, with good output damage and protection. For this reason, Ningguang can fit in several team compositions.
On the other hand, she buffs and offers a bunch of energy particles for other Geo Characters making a great companion for Zhong-Li, Albedo, and most likely for the new upcoming characters Itto and Gorou.
For a F2P team composition, Fischl, Xiangling will increase her DMG when they let behind their companions.
Ningguang is a great investment
Ningguang is the type of character that players can take great advantage of in all the game stages.
She is one of the best to clear out the story content and the first bosses for most new travelers.
She gets better with every constellation, which is possible as this is the 4th time she is a feature in a character banner; and it is also part of the Paimon Shop rotation.