Genshin Impact 2.7 is the patch for bow users.
The latest update introduces Aqua Simulacra, the new 5-star bow in the first weapon banner, at the same time giving players the free 4-star bow, Fading Twilight.
It is also the debut of Yelan a 5-star Hydro bow character who is already at the top of the list for best characters in the game after only two days since her debut.
Here we'll rank all the best bows in Genshin Impact 2.7, with our tier list factoring in overall worth, free-to-play options, and even the best options for Yelan.
Genshin Impact Tier List: Best Bows in Version 2.7
|Main DPS||Sub DPS||Support|
|S||Thundering Pulse, Skyward Harp, Amos' Bow, Aqua Simulacra, Rust||Elegy for the End, Skyward Harp, The Stringless, Aqua Simulacra||Elegy for the End, Favonius Warbow, Sacrificial Bow|
|A||Polar Star, Windblume Ode, Hamayumi, Blackcliff Warbow, The Viridescent Hunt||Fading Twilight, Polar Star, Alley Hunter, Windblume Ode, Favonius Warbow||The Viridescent Hunt|
|B||Mitternachts Waltz, Predator, Royal Bow, Prototype Crescent, Compound Bow||Sacrificial Bow, Royal Bow|
|C||Slingshot, Sharpshooter's Oath, Raven Bow||Raven Bow||Recurve Bow|
|D||Messenger||Recurve Bow, Sharpshooter's Oath|
One of the qualities that every player looks at is the firepower of a weapon. These are the bows with the highest potential to deal damage.
- Max ATK - 674
- Secondary stat - 66.2% Crit DMG
- Passive R5: Increases CRIT DMG by 20%. Hits have a 60% chance to inflict a minor AoE attack, dealing 125% Physical ATK DMG. It can only occur once every 4s.
When it comes to damage in Genshin Impact, players should aim for three major stats: ATK, Crit Rate, and Crit DMG, and this weapon provides them all.
- Max ATK - 608
- Secondary stat - 22.1 Crit Rate
- Passive R5: Increases ATK by 40% and grants the might of the Thunder Emblem. Thunder Emblem increases Normal Attack DMG by 24/48/80% based on 1/2/3 stacks.
- The character will obtain one stack of Thunder Emblem If Normal Attack deals DMG (stack lasts 5s), casting Elemental Skill (stack lasts 10s); Energy is less than 100% (stack disappears when Energy is full).
This bow holds the highest damage potential. However, the stacks system involved in its passive make this a bit of a situational weapon even though every Bow character can benefit from it.
- Max ATK - 608
- Secondary stat - 49.6% ATK
- Passive R5: Increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 24%. After a Normal or Charged Attack is fired, DMG dealt increases by 16% every 0.1 seconds. The arrow is in the air up to 5 times.
This is the best bow for characters whose damage is based on or escalated from Normal and Charged Attacks.
These weapons will not deal the most DMG directly, but what they lack in direct DMG, they compensate for with great utility and support value.
Elegy for the End
- Max ATK - 608
- Secondary stat - 55.1% Energy Recharge
- Passive R5: Increased Elemental Mastery by 120. Gain sigils when dealing damage with Elemental Skill or Burst. Elemental Mastery increased by 100, and ATK increased by 20% at 4 sigils.
This bow is the weapon of choice for characters that rely on elemental reactions with high energy abilities.
- Max ATK - 510
- Secondary stat - 165 Elemental Mastery
- Passive R5: Increases Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG by 24%
The most common choice for Sup DPS or Support characters, this bow's lower base ATK is compensated for with great potential for high DMG numbers via Elemental Reactions.
- Max ATK - 542
- Secondary stat - 88.2% Crit Damage
- Passive R5: HP is increased by 32%. When there are opponents nearby, the DMG dealt by the wielder of this weapon is increased by 40%.
- This will take effect whether the character is on-field or not.
The new bow in Genshin Impact 2.7 has an average ATK Base, however Aqua Simulacra Crit. DMG is the highest for a bow and the passive will boost DMG even when the character is not on the field.
Best F2P Options
- Max ATK - 565
- Secondary stat - 30.6% Energy Recharge
- Passive R5: After dealing damage to an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has an 80% chance to end its CD. It can only occur once every 16s.
This bow is a great support option, providing a decent attack and two stats that will allow the wielder to spam their Elemental Abilities often.
- Max ATK - 510
- Secondary stat - 41.3% ATK
- Passive R5: Rapid Firing increases Normal Attack DMG by 40% but decreases Charged Attack DMG by 10%
This bow is pretty straightforward, is the F2P selection for DPS being a 4-star bow is quite accessible. Furthermore, it works for Bow users, which normal attack is the primary source of DMG.
Best Bows for Yelan
Yelan already broke the selling record that was established almost a year ago by Raiden Shogun, and for good reasons.
The Secret Agent of Liyue is a very powerful Sub-DPS in all levels of investment. Yelan is also very versatile, allowing for several different builds. But there is a catch, as weapons and artifacts with ATK substats are practically useless on her.
With this in mind, it is important to note that even 3-star bows with HP or Energy Recharge will perform better than 5-stars like Amo's Bow.
In the end, these are the best weapons choices for Yelan in Genshin Impact 2.7:
- Aqua Simulacra - Main DPS
- BiS for Yelan, the weapon is tailor-made to exploit her abilities.
- Favonius Warbow - Sub-DPS/Support
- The best Free Weapon option for a support built for Yelan. High Energy recharge and Particle generation.
- Elegy for the End - Support/Damage
- Best bow for those players using Yelan as a support with outfield hydro application.
Similar to The Catch with Raiden Shogun, it seems Hoyoverse has decided to release the best F2P bow for Yelan as the reward weapon for Genshin Impact 2.7.
In recent testing, Fading Twilight the 4-star bow obtained in the event Perilous Trail did the biggest DMG without punishing Yelan Rotations.
We recommend getting this bow and its refinement materials, soon.
- Max ATK - 565
- Secondary stat - 30.6 Energy Recharge
- Passive R5: Has three states, Evengleam, Afterglow, and Dawnblaze, which increase DMG dealt by 12%/20%/28% respectively.
- When attacks hit opponents, this weapon will switch to the next state. This weapon can change states once every 7s.
- The character equipping this weapon can still trigger the state switch while not on the field.