Genshin Impact will celebrate the year of the rabbit with a new edition of the Lantern Rite Festival, an event packed with activities and rewards, among them the opportunity to obtain a Free 4-star Liyue character!
The Fortuitous Invitation event will allow travelers to add one of the nine 4-star Liyue characters to their roster for Free.
Learn how to claim your free character and which is the best option from all the good choices.
Build Your Collection: Shop Official Genshin Impact Figures At Sideshow
Fortuitous Invitation will go live along with Genshin Impact 3.4 main event, the Existence Night Chimes, on January 18, 2023.
However, Festive Fever, the event's currency necessary to obtain the 4-star Free character, will not be available until some days after the event starts.
Travelers need the following requirements to obtain the Free 4-star character:
- Complete the Lantern Rite Ques Story Quest
- Obtain 900 points of Festive Fever in the Lantern Rite Mini-Games
Which is the best Liyue 4-star in Genshin Impact?
Liyue, the region of the Geo Archon, provides some of the most compelling characters in Genshin Impact today. But, unfortunately, choosing only one of them is no easy task.
The nine 4-star characters from Liyue are Xiangling, Beidou, Xingqiu, Ningguang, Chongyun, Xinyan, Yanfei, Yun Jin, and Yao Yao.
If you are not planning to pull for Alhaitham or Xiao banner but want Yao Yao in your roster, the best way is to pick her as your Free Character.
Yao Yao is a 4-star Polearm character with a Dendro Vision. The first healer from the element checks her abilities and constellations.
Best Meta Picks
If you are building your team and want to add a 4-star character that will increase the power of your roster, these are our recommendations:
- Xingqiu - Hydro/Sword
- One of the best Sub-DPS in the game, Xingqiu has a smooth Hydro Application with a high DMG output outfield.
- Xiangling - Pyro/Polearm
- Xiangling is incredibly powerful despite being a 4-star Free to-Play character.
- However, players will get her for free after clearing the 3rd Floor of the Spiral Abyss.
- But Xiangling real DMG potential is reached with the constellation 4, so getting an extra copy of her during the Lantern Rite sounds good.
- Beidou - Claymore/Electro
- All characters from the Electro Element receive a buff with the introduction of Dendro, and the Captain from Liyue is no exception.
- Strong in teaser composition with great AoE once Beidou reaches constellation 2.
Great Design Characters
Considering Genshin Impact is a causal game, perhaps you want to add characters with a great design and fun play style but still be able to clear content. These are your options:
- Ningguang - Catalyst/Geo
- The person in charge of ruling Liyue, Ningguang, is an efficient DPS that shines the best against giant bosses.
- Yun Yin - Polearm/Geo
- The opera performer is not only a cute character. In addition, Yun Yin provides a solid buff for teammates' attacks.
- Yanfei is a prominent lawyer from Liyue Harbor. With the new introduction of Dendro-Pyro reactions, she can be a strong DPS.
There is no way to sugarcoat, the following characters are some of the weakest picks in Genshin Impact, and we don't see the situation changing any time soon.
So, we recommend not picking them as your Free 4-star character and waiting for them when they drop in a banner.
- For a long time, Chiongyun was a member of the National Team, the strongest and most common team in the game. But very soon, he was replaced with better options, like Raiden.
- She is part of the small group of characters with a kit focus in Physical DMG in a game that rewards using Elemental Reactions. Therefore, Xinyan's kit is very underwhelming.
- Travelers can build her to be a DPS hero, but the number of resources is not worth it, as Xinyan is not strong even then.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 3.4: Release Date & All the Latest News