Kamisato Ayato is finally here! As one of the most anticipated characters in Genshin Impact history, Ayato is the highlight of version 2.6 for many players. And after some hours of testing, we can tell that fans won't be disappointed!
Here's our guide on how to get the most out of Ayato in Genshin Impact 2.6 including his best weapons, artifacts, and team compositions.
Ayato Banner: Azure Excursion
Azure Excursion, the first banner of Genshin Impact 2.6, is live and will be available until April 19, 2022
The Banner features Kamisato Ayato - a 5-star Hydro, Sword character, and the following 4-stars characters:
- Yun Jin - 4-star Geo, Polearm User
- Sucrose - 4-star Anemo, Catalyst User
- Xianling - 4-star Pyro, Polearm UserFathomless Swirls in the Forest
Who is Ayato?
Kamisato Ayato is the head of the Yashiro Commission, the heir of the Kamisato clan made a pact with the Electro Archon to protect the divine.
- Kamisato Ayato can inflict high single and multi-target DMG.
- The Elemental Burst has consistent Hydro application and boosts teammates and himself.
- Currently, the only hydro character that can be the main DMG output in the team.
- Ayato's Elemental Skill can leave him exposed to enemies attacks.
- High-Cost Elemental Burst.
These weapons will give Ayato the right tools to push his limits in battle.
|5-Star||Haran Geppaku Futsu||Crit. Rate %||Obtain 24% All Elemental DMG Bonus. When teammates use Elemental Skills, the character equipping this weapon will gain 1 Wavespike stack. Max 2 stacks. The effect is triggered every 0.3s. When the character equipping this weapon uses an Elemental Skill, all stacks of Wavespike will be consumed to gain Rippling Upheaval: each stack of Wavespike consumed will increase Normal Attack DMG by 40% for 8s.|
|4-Star||Primordial Jade Cutter||Crit. Rate %||HP increased by 40%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 2.4% of the wielder's Max HP.|
Haran Geppaku Futsu
- This katana is the signature weapon of Kamisato Ayato.
- The weapon increases the damage of Normal Attacks during Elemental Skill, the main source of DMG of Ayato.
Primordial Jade Cutter
- Another great weapon for Kamisato Ayato is the Primordial Jade Cutter, the sword has similar stats to the signature weapon of Ayato.
- The passive of the Jade Cutter is straightforward, providing a consistent source of DMG.
This craftable sword is the best F2P option for the extra Energy Particles, however, Kamisato Ayato can work with other situational swords depending on his teammates.
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best in Slot||Echoes of an Offering||Echoes of an Offering||Sands: ATK % or Energy Recharge - Goblet: Hydro DMG - Circlet: Crit. DMG or Crit. Rate|
|Substitute||Shimenawa's Reminiscence||Gladiator's Finale||Sands: ATK % or Energy Recharge - Goblet: Hydro DMG - Circlet: Crit. DMG or Crit. Rate|
Kamisato Ayato's best artifact build should focus on providing the highest DMG possible with a good balance between ATK, Crit. Rate and Crit. DMG.
In a similar situation to the Raiden Shogun, Kamisato Ayato has a tailor-made artifact in the new set Echoes of An Offering.
Players can obtain the Echoes of An Offering in The Lost Valley in the Chasm.
While players obtain artifacts with good offensive stats, the best option is using the following combinations of artifacts as placeholders.
- Shimenawa's Reminiscence / Gladiator's Finale
- So far the best option is a combination of two sets, either Gladiator or Shimenawa's
- Shimenawa's Reminiscence and Gladiator's Finale are two of the most Resin Efficient artifacts set, with ample chances to obtain good stats.
- Hearth of Depth / Emblem of Severed Fate
- These artifacts will provide stats that are also important to keep in mind when building Ayato. Hydro DMG Bonus and Energy Recharge.
Best Team Compositions
Kamisato Ayato is a main DPS that needs a considerable amount of time on the battlefield, however, Ayato is very friendly for F2P accounts.
The character can team with a variety of support characters and make use of craftable weapons.
Ayato is a well-balanced character, enjoyable for accounts with high and low investments. It is too soon to determine the ideal team for Ayato, but we suggested a team composition that works very well.
This team relies on the DMG of the Electro-Charged reaction.
- Kamisato Ayato hydro application and DMG output will take advantage of the fast electro reactions.
- One downside of this team is the lack of a healer, but it seems Kuki Shinobu is an Electro Healer, probably the missing piece in this team.
- Beidou's second constellation works very well with Ayato attacks. However, the team is very flexible and there is more than one alternative for the Cptn. of the Crux.
- Alternatives: Fischl, Yae Miko, Raiden Shogun.
The teams will benefit greatly from the inclusion of a second electro character that will provide Electro Elemental Resonance and Particles.
- It might sound like an overkill having too heavy hitters in one team, considering the spiral abyss needs two different squads. Still, we think Raiden Shogun will help Ayato with the energy recharge issues.
- The downside is that Raiden also needs a lot of time in the field.
- Swirl reactions work very well with Electro-Charged, so the ideal support for this team is Anemo Characters.
- Sucrose and Venti work very well pulling enemies together. The synergy with Kazuha is a bit tricky in the beginning.
These are some other viable options for team compositions featuring Ayato:
- Permafrost Team
We have good news for story fans - an Ayato and Ayaka team is very viable! Players will need to bring Diona instead of Shenhe for healing, but it's an awesome combo to see in action.
- Boba Friends
It is very rare when all the characters in a Banner can fit in a team, but the first banner of Genshin Impact 2.6 does the job!
Sucrose, Xianling, Ayato, and Yun Jin will be a fun team. Make sure to build Xiangling and Ayato with extra Energy Recharge.