One of the most enigmatic characters in Genshin Impact is the sixth Fatui Harbinger, Scaramouche.
Scaramouche was first introduced in the series as the antagonist of the version 1.1 event: Unreconciled Stars. Despite being one of the elite agents of the Cryo Archon Tsaritsa, Scaramouche seems to have a personal agenda that may extend to a future update.
Recent leaks speculate that Scaramouche will return in Genshin Impact 3.1 as the new weekly boss. Here's what we know so far.
If Hoyoverse's plans for 2022 are not affected by the current lockdown in mainland China, Genshin Impact 3.1 will go live on September 24, 2022, just some days before the second anniversary.
During Genshin Impact 3.1, players can expect the introduction of Lady Kusanali, the Dendro Archon, as a playable character.
It seems there is a pattern related to the release of Banners featuring Archons and the Fatui Harbingers:
- When Zhongli's banner was released in Genshin Impact 1.1, Childe Tartaglia, the eleventh Fatui Harbinger, became a weekly boss.
- During Genshin Impact 2.1 and the introduction of the banner of Raiden Shogun (Baal), La Signora, the eighth Fatui Harbinger was the new weekly boss.
- Now it seems that Genshin Impact 3.1 will mark the return of Scaramouche, the sixth Fatui Harbinger, to become the new trounce domain Boss.
What do we know about Scaramouche?
Scaramouche is The Balladeer of the 11th Fatui Harbingers. During the events of Genshin Impact 2.1, we find out he is related to Inazuma more than we think.
- Scaramouche is an experiment by the Electro Archon. Baal was trying to create a vessel that could rule Inazuma while she was in her pursuit of Eternity.
- His attire is the one of a Vagrant from Inazuma.
- Scaramouche was never intended to become a living being. However, due to his kind nature, the Electro Archon decided not to take his life.
- The Fatui Harbinger's mission is to collect all the Seven Gnosis for the Tsaritsa.
- However, Scaramouche owns the Gnosis of the Raiden Shogun after exchanging it with Yae Miko for the life of the Traveler.
- He is planning to use the Gnosis for himself.
Scaramouche Weapon and Element
Unlike La Signora, data miners have found an avatar for Scaramouche and potential placeholders for an element (Electro) and weapon, which means he is likely to become a playable character in the future.
What we know is that Scaramouche is the enemy that has been the closest to killing the traveler on at least two occasions, so his presence as the new weekly boss is the recipe for a great challenge that should bring along some great rewards as well!