The April Fools additions will now also be gone in League of Legends. So, wave your hat goodbye for the last time until next year.
Ahead of MSI 2023, many jungler champions used in professional play are receiving some balancing changes.
However, there have also been some buffs coming to certain champions who need some love.
As usual, there are some big bug fixes for certain champions and announcements for the Clash Cup coming up this weekend.
So, let's look at the full notes for patch 13.7 in League of Legends and what players should expect.
League of Legends Patch 13.7 FULL Notes
Before we get into the details, here are the League of Legends highlights for this latest update.
League of Legends Champions Patch Changes
- Base armour and health increased.
Alistar is a big, beefy support that likes to charge his enemies and toss them up into the sky. As other squishier champions have come to fill similar roles, we want to make Alistar a bit better at doing what he loves: milking his enemies for gold. These base health and armour changes should give him even more beefiness and the ability to brawl harder in the early game.
- Base Armor: 44 ⇒ 47
- Base Health: 670 ⇒ 685
- E cooldown increased, shield value decreased.
Annie has been burning her enemies in the bot lane with her updated Molten Shield. Maxing shield as a support makes sense for its defensive capabilities, but it also gives Annie a considerable amount of reflection damage and a cheap way to quickly build up her stun. We still like the idea of Annie helping out her allies, but we're bringing the choice between supportive and carry outputs a bit closer.
E - Molten Shield
- Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds ⇒ 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
- Shield Amount: 60/100/140/180/220 (+40% AP) ⇒ 60/95/130/165/200 (+40% AP)
Base armor increased, attack speed growth increased. Passive duration and cast range increased. Q mana cost increased, stab range decreased. W damage increased, mana cost now decreases with rank. New recommended skill order.
Please max W now. There are three goals with these changes: First, strongly signal to players that W max is the way to go. Seriously, W max is currently the overall stronger build for Azir and makes for a much easier to balance champion long term. If he's not forced to be balanced around pro play with unending poke in lane, then he has room for a lot more power in the hands of a lot more players. This patch contains that power.
Please max W now. Second, there are a few edges to sand off: Currently Azir Q can hit an enemy while still being out of auto-attack range, meaning right clicking after Q can make him walk forward. This is still a direct nerf, of course, but a pretty small one as the ability currently has around 1200 units of reach, which is going down about 4%. His passive Sun Disc summoning range is being increased to match his would-be attack range against a living turret and the duration of that Sun Disc is going up to keep it from falling over quite so quickly while he's still standing beside it.
Also, please max W now. Third, there are some direct buffs: A modicum of armor should help him in a very AD-heavy solo queue environment… provided he doesn’t take over top lane, which we’ll be keeping an eye on. The attack speed growth allows him to match his prior levels of attacks per second from W's passive stats, while still enjoying the higher damage per hit from 13.5. This should make Azir a great high-DPS soldier commander while retaining the gains made from taking away his poke identity. The goal of these changes is to add more power to his W max build. If this list overshoots that goal, there are likely to be some nerfs coming his way.
In summary, please max W now.
- Base Armor: 19 ⇒ 22
- Attack Speed Growth: 5% ⇒ 6%
Passive - Shurima’s Legacy
- Duration: 30 seconds ⇒ 45 seconds
- Cast Range: 500 ⇒ 700
Q - Conquering Sands
- Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110
- Stab Range: 370 ⇒ 325
W - Arise!
- Magic Damage: 0-110 (based on level) (+50/60/70/80/90) (+55% AP) ⇒ 0-92 (based on level) (+50/67/84/101/118) (+55% AP) (Note: Assuming W max, this is a damage per hit buff that scales from +0 to +10 by level 11 and then stays there.)
- Mana Cost: 40 at all ranks ⇒ 40/35/30/25/20
- New: Recommended Skill Order: The game will now recommend maxing W first.
Graves from League of Legends
Passive critical strike bonus increased. R cooldown decreased early.
Graves' critical strike builds were nerfed back in patch 11.22, and haven't really recovered since the Durability Update, where he's found a home in extremely durable builds (and a certain glaive). We want to open up more creative builds for him while giving him a bit of a damage and utility bump with a higher uptime on Collateral Damage.
Passive - New Destiny
- Critical Strike Bonus Per Pellet: 20% ⇒ 30%
R - Collateral Damage
- Cooldown: 120/90/60 seconds ⇒ 100/80/60 seconds
Attack damage growth increased. Passive ceremony duration decreased, Kalista now forced to channel.
Kalista has frequently been a pro-bound champion but hasn't seen much play so far this year. So we're being very cautious with giving her some power heading into the Mid-Season Invitational. Additionally, some tweaks to her Oathsworn Bond ceremony should let the two of you get onto the Rift a bit sooner than before, which isn't meant to be a significant change in power per say, but should still feel better.
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.5 ⇒ 3.75
Passive - Oathsworn Bond
- Oathsworn Ceremony Duration: 12 seconds ⇒ 8 seconds (Note: This begins when Kalista activates her Black Speak.)
- newRide Together, Channel Together: Kalista is now forced to channel on the Black Spear while her Oathsworn is reviving
League of Legends Katarina
The passive AP ratio increased. R base AD ratio decreased, and attack speed scaling increased.
Katarina's various builds require some re-tuning occasionally. We are giving AP builds a slight buff so they stand clearly above the other builds as her primary playstyle, and also buffing the AD+AS builds as those aren’t performing well at the moment.
Passive - Voracity
- Sinister Steel Dagger Magic Damage: 68-240 (based on level) (+ 60% bonus AD) (+65/75/85/95% (levels 1/6/11/16) AP) ⇒ 68-240 (based on level) (+ 60% bonus AD) (+70/80/90/100% (levels 1/6/11/16) AP)
R - Death Lotus
- Physical Damage per Dagger: 18% (+30% per 100% bonus AS) bonus AD ⇒ 16% (+50% per 100% bonus AS) bonus AD
League of Legends Kha’Zix
Q isolation range requirement decreased. W slow decreased, slow vs isolated targets decreased. R buff duration increased.
Kha’Zix hasn’t had the sting he once had, often relying on his W spam poke-and-catch fighter builds to find success. We want to make sure that Kha’Zix, with any of his builds, is actually able to jump on isolated enemies and kill them. His isolation mechanic is too skewed toward enemy counterplay so he has very little leeway on it proccing, so we want to make it a bit less punishing for Kha. (Note: a lower isolation range requirement means the enemy is substantially more likely to be isolated and is a buff).
We expect fighter Kha’Zix to remain powerful, but these changes should make all of his builds more competitive. It's not clear how much power these isolation changes pack, so we’ll keep a close eye on them and adjust as needed.
Q - Taste Their Fear
- Isolation Range: 425 ⇒ 375
W - Void Spike
- Evolved Slow: 60% ⇒ 40%
- Evolved Slow Against Isolated Targets: 90% ⇒ 75%
R - Void Assault
- Buff Duration: 10 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
Base AD decreased, base armor decreased.
You’ve seen Lee Sin on the biggest stages like MSI and Worlds. It’s no surprise that he’s a favorite jungler at the pro level. But we don’t want him to be so strong he overshadows all other viable junglers. At this point in time Lee’s early game power is what’s pushing him into the top tier, so we want to bring them down just a tad.
- Base Attack Damage: 68 ⇒ 66
- Base Armor: 36 ⇒ 34
Passive attack speed reduced early. Q base damage decreased.
Olaf has been at the top of the top lane food chain for about 3-4 patches now with his win rate sitting at a stable 52-53% according to our data. His early Q damage gives him the ability to run down lane opponents who try to interact with the wave and win almost every trade due to the high base damage and cooldown refresh. This change is meant to lower early Q power. Olaf's passive also plays into this early game dominance, so we’re adjusting the attack speed portion at early levels to be less powerful.
Passive - Berserker’s Rage
- Attack Speed: 60-100% (based on level) ⇒ 50-100% (based on level)
Q - Undertow
- Physical Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+100% bonus AD) ⇒ 65/115/165/215/265 (+100% bonus AD)
W armor scaling decreased.
Rammus has been a high win rate champion for about half of all players over the last several patches, which is just too high for a champion to reasonably maintain. We can’t let this roll anymore. Tactically, we’re tuning his late-game power, which tends to most strongly affect the outcome of his games.
W - Defensive Ball Curl
- Bonus Armor: 35 (+40/55/70/85/100% total armor) ⇒ 35 (+40/50/60/70/80% total armor)
Sejuani in League of Legends
Passive damage cap against monsters decreased. Q cooldown increased. R cooldown increased.
Sejuani is a very safe early pick for pro play since she brings a lot of utility to the team and synergizes well with melee carries like Sylas, Jax, Fiora, and so on. She does a little bit of everything too well, so we want to reduce her ability to quickly clear objectives with coordinated melee teammates and to increase her overall down time with nerfs to Q and R cooldowns. This way, Sejuani will need to be more committed when she decides to engage with her high cooldown abilities.
Passive - Fury of the North
- Damage Cap against Epic Monsters: 300 ⇒ 250
Q - Arctic Assault
- Cooldown: 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds ⇒ 19/17.5/16/14.5/13 second
R - Glacial Prison
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds ⇒ 130/110/90 seconds
Q cooldown refunded on hit decreased.
Patch 13.4 gave Thresh a lot of changes and has support players around the world hooked on Death Sentence. Unfortunately, his opponents have also been hooked on Death Sentence far too frequently. Recently it’s been too easy to lock an opponent down in a chain-CC combo with no chance to escape, so lowering the refund here should give opponents more opportunity to slip out between Thresh’s Q casts.
Q - Death Sentence
- Cooldown Refunded On Hit: 3 seconds ⇒ 2 seconds
Q AP ratio now scales with level. W AP ratio now scales with level. E VFX adjusted. R AP ratio now scales with level.
Veigar has been strong in the bot lane for a very long time because his relatively bad wave control and good gank set up fit better into the duo lane dynamic than mid. However we still feel most Veigar players want to play him in mid, and we want to support that as his primary role. We are taking this opportunity to nerf him in a way that pushes his scaling to be more level dependent, which biases towards solo lanes.
Q - Baleful Strike
- AP Ratio: 60% at all ranks ⇒ 45/50/55/60/65%
W - Dark Matter
- AP Ratio: 100% at all ranks ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110
E - Event Horizon
- Sneaky Stuns: Veigar can no longer hide his E VFX from enemies by placing it inside certain walls.
R - Primordial Burst
- AP Ratio: 75% at all ranks ⇒ 65/70/75%
Vi from League of Legends
Q base damage decreased, AD ratio increased. E base damage decreased, AD ratio increased, AP ratio increased.
Vi is currently beating up the pro play scene thanks to her ability to build tanky and still deal large amounts of damage. Our goal with these changes is to bring the damage down on her tankier builds and shift that power into AD ratios to reward those Vi AD stackers out there.
Q - Vault Breaker
- Minimum Physical Damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+70% bonus AD) ⇒ 45/70/95/120/145 (+80% bonus AD)
- Maximum Physical Damage: 110/160/210/260/310 (+140% bonus AD) ⇒ 90/140/190/240/290 (+160% bonus AD)
E - Relentless Force
- Physical Damage: 10/30/50/70/90 (+110% AD) (+90% AP) ⇒ 5/20/35/50/65 (+120% AD) (+100% AP)
Base attack damage decreased. W cooldown adjusted. E bonus attack speed decreased.
Wukong jungle hasn’t been monkeying around in pro play and solo queue. In this patch, we’re looking to tone down his early game pressure by reducing his base damage and his clear speed that comes with his E. We’re also lowering the incentive to max W second, as it currently gives a lot (10 mana less, 2.5 seconds less) per point.
- Attack Damage: 68 ⇒ 66
W - Warrior Trickster
- Cooldown: 22/19.5/17/14.5/12 seconds ⇒ 22/20/18/16/14 seconds
E - Nimbus Strike
- Bonus Attack Speed: 40/45/50/55/60% ⇒ 35/40/45/50/55%
Passive shield stronger at later levels.
After the marksman item adjustments we introduced back in patch 13.1b of League of Legends, Yasuo fell behind the power curve and got the wind knocked out of him. These adjustments should help him get some wind behind his sails which should help him find some more flow.
Passive - Way of the Wanderer
- Shield Amount: 100/105/110/115/120/130/140/150/160/170/180/200/220/250/290/350/410/475 ⇒ 100/105/110/115/125/135/145/160/175/195/220/250/275/325/375/425/500/575
E - Sweeping Blade
- Damage Increase per Stack: 25% of E’s base damage ⇒ 15-25% of E’s totaldamage (scales linearly, levels 1-18)
- Maximum Stack Amount: 2 ⇒ 4
Health growth decreased. Passive shield absorption decreased. R AD scaling decreased.
Zeri's been a mainstay of the Marksmen meta throughout the year, and finally has risen to the absolute top with buffed items and nerfed competition. With the newfound durability in her runes and Marksmen items, she doesn't need as much innate durability. We’re also zapping some of her guaranteed burst damage, which is uncharacteristically high for a hyperscaling DPS champion.
- Health Growth: 115 ⇒ 100
Passive - Living Battery
- Shield Absorption: 60% of damage dealt ⇒ 45% of damage dealt
R - Lightning Crash
- Magic Damage: 175/275/375 (+100% bonus AD) (+110% AP) ⇒ 175/275/375 (+85% bonus AD) (+110% AP)
League of Legends Items in Patch 13.7
In patch 13.1, we did a large pass on Fighter items in an effort to sharpen each item's choice and generally reduce unneeded Ability Haste. Death's Dance took one of the hardest hits when we introduced these changes. With subsequent changes to Marksmen and Seraph's Embrace/Rod of Ages, Fighters have struggled when on even footing in duels (and especially team fights) versus classes they once bested. We’re reverting Death's Dance to give fighters slightly more power in elongated fights but still keeping the tradeoffs in reduced haste compared to Black Cleaver and Ravenous Hydra builds.
- Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 55
- Ability Haste: 0 ⇒ 15
- Armour: 50 ⇒ 45
- Item Recipe: Pickaxe + Chain Vest + Pickaxe + 750 gold ⇒ Pickaxe + Chain Vest + Caulfield's Warhammer + 525 gold
Catalyst of Aeons
Catalyst of Aeons, in its current state, is significantly cheaper than Lost Chapter which has turned it into a dual threat. Not only is it the preferable scaling item, but due to the lower cost it has become a better laning phase option than Lost Chapter which seems counterintuitive for a scaling item. This adjustment should help make itemization choices for mid-mages a bit more competitive.
- Health: 225 ⇒ 300
- Combine Cost: 350 gold ⇒ 550 gold
- Total Cost: 1100 gold ⇒ 1300 gold
- Health: 500 ⇒ 550
- Combine Cost: 650 gold ⇒ 450 gold
Rod of Ages
- Combine Cost: 415 gold ⇒ 215 gold
Grievous Wounds Items
We felt it was counter-intuitive that these League of Legends items did not apply their unique effects to damage shielded enemies, as this is inconsistent with other "on damage" effects like Liandries. (Note: this change will apply to Oblivion Orb, Morellonomicon, Chemtech Putrifier, Executioner's Calling, Mortal Reminder, and Chempunk Chainsword.)
- Shields Can’t Save You Now: Items that apply Grievous Wounds on damage dealt to the target will now apply it even if the damage you dealt was completely nullified by a shield. Grievous Wounds will still not apply to Invulnerable targets or targets who blocked the spell with a spell shield.
League of Legends ARAM Adjustments for Patch 13.7
For patch 13.7 in League of Legends we'll be trying out a few targeted nerfs on some of the best performing Champions in ARAM. They are especially powerful on Howling Abyss due to them getting tremendous value out of specific (and potentially frustrating) parts of their kit on the smaller map.
- Karthus: Passive Duration: 7 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Sion: Passive Form Lifesteal: 100% ⇒ 50%
- Veigar: E Cooldown: 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 seconds ⇒ 23/21.5/20/18.5/17 seconds
Clash - Mt. Targon Cup in League of Legends Patch 13.7
The Clash Mt. Targon Cup kicks off this weekend!
- Weekend 1 Registration Begins: April 3 @ 11:00 AM (Local Time)
- Weekend 1 Tournament Dates: April 8 and 9 (~4-7 PM Local, varies by region)
In observance of Ramadan and the Iftar meal, Clash lock-in times will be made earlier for these servers:
- TR1 – 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm local time
- SG2 – 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm local time
Off Screen Pings
Paying attention to the minimap to see your teammates’ pings while focusing on gameplay can be difficult. And actively aiming/dodging a skillshot can make this even more challenging. To help, we are introducing off-screen pings to give you easier visibility of your teammates’ pings. Some pings that are off-screen will now show up on the edge of your screen, and our hope is that this allows players to be able to react to pings faster than before.
Global Pings (Displayed regardless of ping location)
- Enemy missing
Proximity Pings (Displayed if pinged within 3000 units of your champion. Approximately the same range as a Caitlyn or Lux ultimate ability)
- Assist Me
- On My Way
We're rolling out improvements to our disruptive behavior detection systems that detect verbal abuse and intentional feeding. That means you'll see increased actions taken against players for these behaviors in-game.
You can now see your friend’s challenge data on their profile card!
- Fixed a bug where a Clash team could not re-invite a player who was kicked out of the team, and the player would not be able to accept the invite if it was made. Now, Clash players can re-invite a kicked player after a certain period of time, and the player is able to accept the invitation.
- Fixed a bug where the Best of the Best Challenge does not increase the progress after the player finished a season at Rank 1 for Solo/Duo queues.
We’ve tested lower surrender timers in normals for several patches now, and the impacts have met our expectations: slightly increased surrender frequency leading to slightly lower average game times. We believe this change is right to allow teams more agency in choosing which matches to play out.
- In Ranked Solo and Ranked Flex queues, normal surrender (4 out of 5 OR 70% of team members must agree to pass the vote) is available at 20 minutes ? 15 minutes. Unanimous early surrender requirement has been removed. This change will go live around ~7pm UTC on April 7
We’ll be running an experiment in Normal Draft in EUN, OC, and RU during the 13.7 patch cycle, specifically to test some of our functionality around matchmaking for the upcoming Quick Play queue type. For these regions during the testing window, the changes will be as follows:
- Autofill is removed.
- All players in a party must choose unique primary assignments.
- If a player chooses a priority role as their primary assignment, they do not need to pick a secondary assignment. If they choose a non-priority role as their primary assignment, they can only choose a priority role or fill as their secondary assignment.
32 Bit Client Deprecation
Support for 32-bit Windows OS will be deprecated on April 4, 2023. After this date a 64-bit version of Windows will be required to play League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics. For more details, please see our minimum spec requirements.
“What does this mean?”, “Do I need to do anything?!”
Well for those who are already on 64-bit operating systems and hardware (which is 99.9% of players) you won’t notice a difference when we stop supporting 32-bit and you won’t need to do anything. However, for those that are playing on a 32-bit operating system, starting this patch you’ll receive a message in the client telling you that the client may stop working in the future for you. We’re giving some time to message this heads-up before we fully stop supporting 32-bit operating systems both in the patch notes and in the launcher. In the future, you’ll need to be playing on 64-bit capable hardware, and 64-bit operating systems in order to keep playing League.
Why is the League team doing this?
As with other decisions we’ve made in the past like deprecating Windows XP and Vista, continuing to release new content while maintaining older hardware requires significant investment both from a development and a testing standpoint. By removing some of these barriers, we can continue to push the boundaries of new features while delivering engaging player experiences. While we don’t have any direct targeted improvements to communicate to you just yet regarding this migration, it will be something that leads into our continued investments in the future of League.
Showcase Milestones Autoclaim
We’re happy to share that Showcase Milestones will now have an autoclaim feature that will run after each Showcase ends, starting with Broken Covenant. After the Broken Covenant Showcase ends on March 30th, the autoclaim tool will run on April 1 to grant any rewards you may have forgotten or didn’t have time to claim. In addition, if there were Showcase rewards you forgot to claim in the past (Eclipse Knights, Ocean Song, Space Groove), we will also be running the autoclaim for those rewards around the same time as Broken Covenant. This process will also persist for future Showcases. As with any new feature, we will be monitoring the accuracy and performance, so we’d like to advise that you still claim your rewards prior to the Showcase ending as the default behavior in order to avoid any errors in the near term.
NOTE: This does not apply to Masterwork Milestones since that track does not deactivate or expire. This also does not apply to the Event Pass Milestones since you are required to claim and use the Event Tokens prior to the Event Shop closing.
Bugfixes & QoL Changes in Patch 13.7
- Fixed a bug that caused Urgot’s W to continually proc Yuumi’s W on-hit healing.
- Fixed a bug where Draven’s Q animation would not properly play after using his E or R where Draven's axes would not spin after using his E or R.
- Fixed a bug where if Vladmir’s target died as he was casting Q, the ability would not cast but would still go on cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where players could not use a Biscuit in their inventory if they had used the undo function in the shop while the biscuit was in their inventory.
- Fixed a bug that caused Milio’s Passive and W to not correctly interact with Shurelya’s Battlesong.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ornn’s Masterwork items to sell for 0 gold which seems rude given the amount of work he puts into each one.
- Fixed a bug that caused Yuumi’s R to not proc Summon Aery when hitting an ally champion.
- Fixed a bug that cause Yuumi’s Passive buff SFX to not play for enemies when they are attacked from the Fog of War.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tibber’s enraged buff to return to its original state if Annie used her W to stun two or more enemies while summoning Tibbers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Seraph’s Embrace’s cooldown time item icon to not accurately display the actual remaining cooldown.
- Fixed a bug that caused Zoe’s W Smite icon to sometimes display the old Smite icon and not the new one.
- Fixed a bug that caused Syndra’s Q + E combo to still damage and stun enemies if she died while using her E.
- Fixed a bug where Ashe’s W would leave critical strike VFX on enemies that had been revealed.
- Fixed a bug where Darius attacked at the end of his W would cause the auto attack to fail.
- Fixed a bug where after possessing Aurelion Sol, Viego would still see Aurelion Sol’s E execution threshold.
- Fixed a bug where Aurelion Sol’s W cooldown would get reset if a clone timed out within his E.
- Fixed a bug where an ally would get double the amount of friendship stacks on kills if Yuumi attached, detached, and attached herself to them before they killed the enemy.
- Fixed a bug where Draven’s Q animation would not properly play after using his E or R where Draven's axes would not spin after using his E or R.
- Fixed a bug where Randuin’s Omen would reduce the true damage dealt from Kraken Slayer.
- Fixed a few visual bugs that occurred with Faerie Court Milio’s fuemigos and their VFX.
- Fixed a bug where Pyke's Health bar would display when he was under the effect of Lissandra passive
- Fixed a bug where pinging Watchful Wardstone or Vigilant Wardstone where pinging the item with no charges would show up as “Ready” instead of “No Charges.”
- Fixed a bug where Chemtech Drakes total health would be less than all other elemental dragons.
- Fixed a bug where a player’s lethality value would always be displayed as 0 in the chat when pinged.
- Fixed a bug where Rek’Sai could see untargetable units such as jungle companions with her Tremor Sense.
- Fixed a bug where Frozen Fist’s buff from the item’s passive would not be displayed on the player’s buff bar.
- Fixed a visual bug where Milio’s W VFX would appear too dark on Howling Abyss.
- Fixed a bug when Renata’s R would give incorrect kill credit when used on Caitlyn during her R.
- Fixed a bug where Veigar’s E was missing warning particle effects when cast from Fog of War from the enemy’s point of view.
Skin Bugfixes in League of Legends
- Headhunter/Challenger Nidalee : Restored Pounce (W) trail VFX when jumping towards marked targets.
- Dawnbringer/Cosmic Huntress/DWG/Ocean Song Nidalee: restored animation transition between run and idle.
- Shan Hai Scrolls Jhin Chromas: Dancing Grenade (Q) VFX no longer becomes bigger after bouncing from the first target.
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released in this patch:
Woof and Lamb Kindred
The following chromas will be released this patch:
Woof and Lamb Kindred
For more articles like this, take a look at our League Of Legends page.