Immediately following League of Legends patch 12.13, Riot Games issued a hotfix to nerf three champions affected by the update—Gwen, Master Yi, and Sivir.
These came after all three of the champions had significant increases in each of their win rates.
Riot nerfs Gwen, Master Yi, and Sivir quickly after LoL 12.13 release
Initially, in 12.13, Gwen, Master Yi, and Sivir underwent significant buffs: Gwen experienced adjustments, Master Yi got flat buffs, and Sivir received her mid-scope update. Right after the patch's release, all three of the champions saw significant win rate improvements, with Master Yi being the main benefactor.
Thanks to his brand-new set of buffs, Master Yi quickly became one of the most broken champions in the game, boasting a 54.19% win rate according to lolalytics. Something that Riot developer, Matt "Phroxzon" Leung-Harrison addressed on social media.
“In Master Yi’s case, we wanted to give him more optimizations to be more performant at highrr levels of play and then move power from his more statchecky elements after seeing how it landed. (though we overshoot),” he stated.
Although all three of the champions received stat nerfs to some degree, each one got their own specific set of nerfs. On top of her base health being decreased, Gwen got passive's healing reduced, she also had her cooldown on her ultimate increased. Master Yi had his base AD and AD growth reduced, and the damage reduction of his (W) Mediation, nerfed. Lastly, Sivir received a nerfs to her (Q) Boomerang Blade, and (W) Ricochet abilities.
Build Your Collection: Shop League of Legends Collectables at Sideshow
LoL patch 12.13 hotfix notes
Here are the official notes for the LoL 12.13 hotfix.
- Health: 660 ⇒ 620
Passive - A Thousand Cuts
- Healing from damage against champions: 60% of damage dealt ⇒ 50% of damage dealt
R - Needlework
- Cooldown: 100/90/80 seconds ⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
- Attack Damage: 66 ⇒ 65
- Attack Damage Growth: 3 ⇒ 2.5
Q - Alpha Strike
- Cooldown: 18/17.5/17/16.5/16 seconds ⇒ 20/19.5/19/18.5/18 seconds
W - Meditate
- Damage Reduction: 60/62.5/65/67.5/70%, increased to 90% for the first 0.5 seconds ⇒ 45/47.5/50/52.5/55%, increased to 90% for the first 0.5 seconds
Q - Boomerang Blade
- Base Damage: 25/40/55/70/85 ⇒ 15/30/45/60/75
W - Ricochet
- Mana cost: 60 ⇒ 60/65/70/75/80
- Cooldown: 10 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
READ MORE: League of Legends: New Star Guardians Skins hit PBE Ahead of LoL 12.14