Just in time for the World Cup, Retro Goal is launching on Nintendo Switch!
From New Star Games - who brought you Retro Bowl and New Star Soccer - Retro Goal is taking its success from mobile onto console, with its 16-bit inspiration perfect for simple arcade soccer fun!
Release Date & Pre-Order
Retro Goal will arrive on the Nintendo eShop on Thursday, 24 November.
That means you need to act quickly if you want to get a HUGE 60% pre-order discount.
You can pick up the game for the special price of £1.79/€ 1.99 /$ 1.99!
All you have to do to secure your copy is head here.
Check out Retro Goal in all its 16-bit glory in the trailer below:
As announced in the press release:
Retro Goal allows you to play it your way. From the Hollywood pass to the hospital ball, an absolute screamer or simple tap-in, will your game day skills match your managerial knowhow? Are you a great man manager or will you lose the dressing room? And most importantly will that new striker you’ve just signed be able to perform on a cold, wet, night in Stoke?
With graphics inspired by the most beloved football games of the 16-bit era and the accuracy of modern touchscreen and Joy-Con™ controls, you'll be slotting away goal after goal with pixel-perfect precision. Choose one of the 496 playable teams from 24 of the world's favourite leagues and recruit the superstars, professionals and hotheads who will lead you to victory-then take full control on the pitch and make every touch count!
With Retro Goal joining Switch, the following new features will be included:
- New exclusive technique - Manual Ground Passes - Aim a long low shot at any time.
- New exclusive technique - Automatic Ground Passes - Pass quickly to your teammates with a single tap or button press
- More involved Tackling - select your defender and get him into the right position for a slide tackle
- New "Turbo" settings - adjust the game speed independently from the Difficulty
- Change at any time between touch screen and Joy-Con™ controls in handheld mode.
- Play with almost any Switch controller - Play with the Nintendo Switch™ Pro Controller, with a pair of Joy-Con™ controllers or with a solo Joy-Con™ held horizontally. You can even play with the Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ Controller for Nintendo Switch™ or one of the Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers™ for Nintendo Switch™.
- Customisable control options - Flip your aiming style or choose from three different types of direct player control.