After a recent quick fix on the server side, the MLB The Show 22 Update 1.06 Patch Notes have arrived with several new changes.
We've got the full MLB The Show 22 Update 1.06 Patch Notes and details on all the hitting and fielding adjustments they've made.
MLB The Show 22 Update 1.06 Patch Notes for May 20
After dropping a quick server fix for Mini Seasons, we're getting MLB The Show 22 Update 1.06 just before they prepare to kickoff the third Featured Program.
Game Update 6 was confirmed by Sony San Diego and will deploy on all platform at 4am PT on Friday, May 20, 2022.
The download size is not yet known, but this will be MLB The Show 22 Update 1.06 on PS4 and Nintendo Switch, 1.006 on PS5, and 22.214.171.124 on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
Contrary to some of the previous smaller updates, this MLB The Show 22 Update brings several significant adjustments to gameplay that'll affect all users.
Here are the full MLB The Show 22 Update 1.06 Patch Notes:
- Hitters will have slightly less foul ball coverage, resulting in more swing and misses.
- Fixed a freeze that could occur on foul tips that bounced near the catcher.
- Users are now limited to pressing R2 to view pitch types once per pitch, for up to three seconds.
- Wind has been turned off in Online Rated games.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the “Can’t Pitch” icon to become stuck on screen.
- On balls hit in the air where runners stop to see if it is landing or getting caught, instead of going back to the previous base, runners will advance ONE base when the ball is clearly not going to be caught by the outfielder.
- Adjustments made to gesture timing for splitters and sinkers when using Pinpoint pitching. Splitters now have a more lenient criteria for perfect pitches, while sinkers now have a less lenient criteria for perfect pitches.
- Fixed an issue which allowed a pitcher to get into a position player slot in the lineup.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the away team to always wear home uniforms.
- Improvements made to game stability.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the substitution prompt to display for the incorrect user.
- If a user changes from a two-way to a one-way player the correct archetype will now be available in the loadout screen. Any missing archetypes prior to this update should now display correctly.
Franchise and March to October
- Minor improvements made to two-way player logic.
All of these changes arrive ahead of the new Featured Program reveal, and we've got more details here on exactly when that will be announced.
For more articles like this, take a look at our MLB The Show page.