Cooking is finally part of Animal Crossing New Horizons. The long-requested feature is part of the new content in ACNH 2.0 - and it's now live in-game!
So what do you need to start cooking? Here we will take you through the new Animal Crossing cooking features and recipes available now.
The 5 Steps Guide
There are five steps that Animal Crossing players have to take to prepare their first meal:
- Upgrade DIY Recipes
- Build your cooking appliances.
- Find your Recipes
- Gather Ingredients
- Start Cooking
Upgrade your DIY Recipes APP
The journey as future Animal Crossing master chefs starts with upgrading the DIY Recipes app to DIY Recipes+. Upgrading their phone app will allow players to begin learning recipes and blueprints for ovens.
- Visit the Nook Stop (the machine like an ATM) in Resident Services.
- Chose the option: Redeem Nook Miles
- Purchase the "Be a Chef! DIY Recipes+ for 2000 nook miles.
Where do you cook?
The most crucial part is to know where to cook. Again, this is a step that experimented players can skip, as it is most likely they already have an oven or stove of some kind.
For those who don't have, they can choose one of the following options:
- Purchase a Gas Range (stove) in Nook's Cranny for 3,500 Bells. There are 5 different colors.
- Craft a Brick Oven. Players can find the Blueprint in the "Wildest Dreams DIY" pack in Nook's Cranny for 6,980 Bells.
- If you want to go a bit fancier, you can purchase a Cooking Island for 170,000 Bells.
- Other players can gift cooking appliances. So, ask your friends for a second-hand option.
What should you cook?
When players upgrade to Be a Chef! DIY Recipes+ will obtain a certain number of recipes if they would like to increase their repertoire, they have to:
- Purchase the Basic Cooking Recipes book on the shelf of Nook's Cranny for 4,980 Bells
- During players' Harvest of Ingredients, they will learn new recipes.
- Players can find some recipes in Floating Bottles and Bursting Balloons.
ANCH 2.0 Ingredients
It is time to take a look at your inventory. There are many different items that can be used for cooking that players collected before Animal Crossing 2.0: fish, onions, clams, mushrooms, sugar cane, seaweed, cauliflowers, etc.
Some ingredients need to grow and harvest. You can find small plant starters with Leif the Sloth. Then, you can either wait for him to visit your Plaza or invest in Leif's Stall on the new Animal Crossing 2.0 Harv's Island Bazar.
The third option is to start exchanging crops with friends or visiting other people's islands, be polite and avoid stealing.
Let's Start Cooking
We are ready. Go to your kitchen and place a cooking item in your stove range, oven, hob, or hot plate.
Press A to open your Recipes Menu so you can decide which dish you want to prepare first.
Two new options look like small sacks. Here is where you can process raw materials like flour and sugar.
The actual cooking is a no-brainer. Get close to your cooking appliance with all the ingredients necessary in your recipe and boun apetit.