Pokemon Unite's latest addition, the Water-Fairy type Azumarill, is a balanced all-arounder that can offer plenty to any team composition.
The Pokemon can constantly hit critical hits, and its abilities have a very short cooldown, making Azumarill a very efficient source of sustained damage.
Here's our guide on the best Azumarill build in Pokemon Unite to get the most out of this new Pokemon and some tips and tricks to seal the deal.
Azumarill was released in the Pokemon Unite 188.8.131.52 version on April 7, 2022.
The Azumarill License will be available in the Unite Battle Committee Shop for 10000 Aeos Coins or 575 Aeos Gems.
READ MORE: Pokemon Unite: Best Hopa Builds, Items, Tips & Tricks
Azumarill is an All-Arounder with consistent Crit. hits and sustained Damage.
Type: All-Arounder (Melee) Difficulty: Basic
Evolution: Azurill Lv. 1 - Marill Lv. 5 - Azumarill Lv. 7
Choosing your Lane
The best lane for Azumarill is the top. There the Pokemon can focus on farming and freezing the lane with plenty of control over the pace of matches.
Azumarill is not recommended to clear the jungle, as its attacks are strong but a bit slow.
Both initial abilities of Azumarill are helpful, but they represent two different playstyles you'll want to adjust based on opponents.
Whirpool is for close melee combat, and Aqua Tail allows the Pokemon to play with more mobility.
For the design of this build we think Aqua Tail is a more convenient ability.
Option B: Aqua Tail
- Lv 5: Increases the speed and area of effect of the next three basic attacks for 5s. If these basic attacks hit from a distance, they also deal increased damage, restore HP, and can ignore the Defense stat and shield effects of enemies hit.
NOTE: Using Aqua Tail will overwrite any active Play Rough attack change.
Option B: Water Pulse
- Azumarill shoots a pulsing blast that decreases enemies' movement speed and inflicts damage to all enemies around the initial target.
- The blast of water then automatically bounces to another target if one is available to up to three enemies.
- While the blast of water is traveling, Azumarill can perform a short rolling dash in a designated direction.
Water Pulse is a good AoE option that includes a small dash that can be used for defensive or offensive purposes.
Besides, Aqua Tail has a weird interaction with Play Rough that cancels the ability.
Azumarill Unite Move has a very low cooldown. The ability to spam constantly this move is perhaps the strongest asset of the Pokemon.
Unite Move: Belly Bash
- Level 9: Azumarill pounds their belly three times, granting a shield. With each pound, Azumarill loses 5% remaining HP in exchange for increased Attack.
- Azumarill can move while pounding their belly. Afterward, target an enemy, then charge at the target, dealing damage to them and throwing all enemies hit while charging.
READ MORE: Pokemon Unite: Best Trevenant Builds, Items, Tips & Tricks
- Buddy Barrier - Azumarill is not very tanky, so the use of defensive items will keep the Pokemon longer in the field.
- Scope Lens - Azumarill is a Pokemon that hits Crit. attacks pretty often. The scope lens will reward players with higher DMG.
- Focus Band or Muscle Band - One option increases the Attack and the second the Defense. Both are good options for Azumarill.
- Eject Button - The blink can be a lifesaver in most situations. Players can use it to reach the best positions for attacking or escaping.
- X-Attack - If you are going for a superlative damage option, the extra attack and speed attack of X-Atack will grant big numbers.
Azumarill is a fun Pokemon to pick up and is great for new players and experts alike.
Players will not need to adjust much as Azumarill is unlikely to receive a big nerf with such a well-balanced and generalist kit.