PUBG update 20.1 is almost here and now has the official update notes released by Krafton.
The update will include a bunch of updates to the world, maps, gunplay, and general quality of life.
A new ranked system will also be introduced to players, so players should prepare for an influx of rewards.
There is a great addition to help teams with communication and pings in this update which is sure to make gameplay easier.
So, let's look at the updates coming to PUBG in update 20.1 and how these will affect players.
Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
- Weapon Attachments: Due to the Vertical Foregrip dominating the battlegrounds as the choice grip slot attachment, Update 20.1 will deliver changes to the Thumbgrip, Angled Foregrip, Halfgrip, Vertical Foregrip and Lightweight Grip. Please visit the patch notes for the comprehensive list of changes made to the grip attachments.
- Firing from vehicles: There are many advantages to using a vehicle in PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS and while using vehicles to fight enemies has several advantages, the team has conducted several tests and poured over player feedback to reduce one-sided engagements between vehicles and on-foot players.
- Driver’s Seat: When Update 20.1 goes live, players driving a vehicle in the driver’s seat will have their handgun reload animation cancelled if the player controls the vehicle’s steering wheel. Handguns’ reload duration will also increase by approximately 50%, along with the recoil increasing by approximately 20% for PC users.
- Passenger Seats: Weapon recoil will increase to 20% for PC users.
- Weapon Scopes: In order to combat the use of full-automatic ARs, the 8x and 15x Scopes are now available to be attached to the M16A4 and Mk47 Mutant. The 4x Scope will also receive three additional reticle types for players to freely select and use their preferred type.
World and map updates
- PUBG Global Championship 2022: To celebrate this year’s PUBG Global Championship (PGC), Esports objects such as flags, billboards and building decorations will be scattered throughout Erangel, Taego and Miramar! Be sure to tune into PGC 2022 starting on Nov. 1.
- Blue Zone: Due to players appearing to be eliminated from competition more often in the Blue Zone in Deston compared to other maps, the radius rate and start delay of the Blue Zone have been increased for the first phase. The second phase will see an increase to the radius, as well as the damage magnifier per distance. The Jammer Pack has also been adjusted for Miramar, Karakin, Haven and Deston with increasing the damage done to the Jammer Pack by the Blue Zone.
Quality of life in PUBG adjustments
- Carry Feature: The Carry feature can now be used or cancelled with the Limited Interact keys. Several bug fixes and improvements have also been made when using the Carry feature during certain situations.
- Screen Ping Marker: The Screen Ping Marker will now appear more transparent the closer a player or weapon crosshair is to the marker. The Marker will now be available in Ranked matches and disappears after 30 seconds.
- Radio Message: New Inventory-related Radio Messages will come with Update 20.1. Players will now be able to alert teammates about the number of a certain item in their vicinity or inventory, as well as alert members if a player has a certain scope equipped or needs a specific item, attachment or weapon.
Ranked season 20
Ranked Season: Update 20.1 introduces a new ranked season, meaning all rewards earned during Ranked Season 19 will be automatically added to players’ inventory once Ranked Season 20 begins. Once Season 19 is over and the server undergoes maintenance, every reward but the Parachute Skin and Medal will be removed from players’ Edit Profile page.
For more articles like this, take a look at our PUBG Mobile and More page.