Rocket League Season 3 is finally here and we can now all jump into the new content and get to work on the Rocket Pass.
Season 3 Live Now
Rocket League Season 3 has finally begun. You can download the update
The season started on April 7 at 11:00 EST / 16:00 BST and introduces a new Rocket Pass to the game for players to grind out.
Season 2's Competitive Rewards will be available shortly after that and Season 3 is all ready to go.
You can check out more information about what's in store below:
Rocket League Season 3 Patch Notes
Rocket League Season 3 is finally here, and its patch notes are filled with quality changes!
READ MORE: Rocket League SideSwipe Is Going To Be Epic
So let's dive right into the Rocket League Season 3 patch notes below.
Trade In Update
- Trade Ins are now managed in their own section in the Garage
- All Trade In-eligible items fall into three categories:
- Core Series Items
- Tournament Items
- The Trade In menu displays how many eligible Trade Ins you have, sorted by category and rarity
- Trade Ins still operate the same way as before:
- 5 Uncommon = 1 Rare
- 5 Rare Items = 1 Very Rare
- 5 Very Rare = 1 Import
- 5 Imports = 1 Exotic
- 5 Exotics = 1 Black Market
- Tournament Items and (revealed) Blueprints can now be traded in regardless of series. The Tournament Item or Blueprint you receive from a Trade In is directly tied to the series of the items you traded in.
- For example, if you trade in three Ignition Series Blueprints and two Ferocity Series Blueprints, you'll have a 60% chance to receive an Ignition Series Blueprint and a 40% chance to receive an Ferocity Series Blueprint.
Player Trading Eligibility
- Before trading with other accounts is activated, new accounts must:
- Reach XP Level 30
- Have 50 or more minutes in Online Matches
- Accounts with XP Levels 30-99:
- Can trade three times per day
- Limit of 2,000 Credits per trade
- Accounts with XP Levels 100-249:
- Can trade ten times per day
- Limit of 10,000 Credits per trade
- Accounts with XP Level 250 or greater:
- Unlimited trades per day
- Limit of 100,000 Credits per trade
[PC] New Frame Rate Options
- In the Video Tab under Settings, the FPS slider on PC has been replaced with a ‘Frames Per Second’ dropdown menu
- This menu will give you a list of FPS options based on your GPU and display
- The ‘Uncapped’ option at the bottom of the list will ignore the framerate cap when Vertical Sync is disabled, but may cause screen tearing for some players depending on hardware configuration
- Settings will now sync to the EOS cloud and share across all linked accounts
- Nintendo Switch support for cloud syncs will come in a future update
- Each Playlist option under the Play Menu has a rad new image
- Added unlock countdown timer for Seasonal Challenge Stages
- Added link support to the in-game news panel
- ‘Fransis Derelle’
- ‘Monstercat Silk’
- Corrected appearance of Team Liquid Decals when High Quality Shaders are enabled
- Fixed a bug causing the Music Playlist to appear off-screen when reducing the Interface Scale
- A player’s first trade will no longer hang for 20-30 seconds after enabling 2FA on your Epic Games Account
- Fixed a bug affecting the “Invite to party" option in Friends List if both players are playing through the Epic Games Store
- [Tournaments] Teams that have won two out of three matches should no longer see extra matches generated against the same opponent
- This bug fix is dependent on PsyNet updates related to tournament access and matches that are happening in the coming weeks
- Fixed a bug with the Season Free Challenges display counter
- Localization fixes for French, German, Japanese, and Polish
That means there's plenty of time to crack on with unlocking everything on the Rocket Pass and beyond.
Rocket League Season 3 begins on April 7th, bringing a ton of new and exciting content with lots of rewards, challenges, and new features and collaborations.
Season 3 Trailer
Check out the official Rocket League Season 3 trailer below.
Season 3 Rocket Pass Details
In a recent blog post, Psyonix has shared a few details about what's on the way in their latest Rocket Pass.
- Tyranno Car (Unlocked instantly with Rocket Pass Premium)
- Chequered Flag Goal Explosion
- Traction Wheels
- Retrogression Animated Decal
- More Player Anthems
- Up To 1,000 Credits
In addition to all this, Pro Tiers are being reworked for Rocket League Season 3 and will now be visible to all players and players will now be able to purchase them like standard Rocket Pass Tiers if they wish.
READ MORE: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Details Revealed
You can get your first look at a few of these rewards in the Season 3 Rocket Pass trailer below:
Nascar & F1 Join Rocket League
Yes, you read that right. Two of the biggest racing franchises in the world are coming together, almost literally, in Rocket League Season 3.
READ MORE: Rocket League Sideswipe Announced For Mobile Devices
We're not sure F1 cars were built with Rocket Boosts in mind, but you can check out the trailer of how they're going to look in-game below.
Both F1 and NASCAR crossover content is due to drop in May, around a month after Rocket League Season 3 kicks off on April 7th.
Season 3 will bring a Trade-In button to the garage, making it much easier to navigate.
"In the new Trade In menu, you'll see your tradable inventory organized into three categories: Core Items, Tournament Items, and Blueprints. Your items in each of these categories are organized by rarity. This new menu displays how many Trade Ins you have available, making it much easier to trade your items in quickly and efficiently.
Simply select the rarity of the item you would like to receive from the Trade In. Then, you can select your items and trade them in for an item of higher rarity. You can repeat this same process for your items earned from Competitive Tournaments, as well as Blueprints."
READ MORE: Why Did Psyonix Get Rid Of Loot Crates In Rocket League?
For more articles like this, take a look at our Rocket League page.