Rocket League Season 8 is looking like one of the best in recent memory and the Patch Notes have finally dropped! We now have a good idea of all the major and minor changes coming to the game.
Check out everything you need to know ahead of the Season 8 launch!
Shop Now: Get The LATEST Gaming Accessories at Razer.com
Rocket League Season 8 Patch Notes
The bulk of the Rocket League Season 8 Patch Notes have dropped and there are some decent changes coming to voice chat as well as a bunch of lovely bug fixes!
This content drop will, of course, also add the Sovereign Heights arena and brand new Rocket Pass that includes the Honda Civic Type-R
Main Updates (all related to Voice Chat)
- Based on community feedback, we have added Toggle Mute as a Voice Chat function option in Rocket League
- Under Settings -> Chat, we replaced the Push to Talk checkbox with a new Voice Input Mode dropdown
- Open Mic: Microphone is active all the time, no control input needed
- Push to Talk: Control input activates microphone in game
- Toggle Mute: Microphone is active; control input toggles mute
- The Push to Talk/Toggle Mute default input is set to “F” (keyboard), L3 (PlayStation), LS (Switch and Xbox)
- Clubs: Removed MOTD/news sections from Club pages
- We opted to remove these features from Clubs due to moderation concerns
- Added a banner for the 2021-22 RLCS World Champions Team BDS to Champions Field
- Fixed a placement bug with the party icon on the scoreboard
- Adjusted appearance of several Decals on the Nissan Z so they appear the same way as on other car bodies
- Updates to Custom Training packs will no longer corrupt pack progress
- Progress may look incorrect in the training pack browser for some packs, but will appear correctly once the player loads the pack
- Fixed a bug preventing some players from being able to join Voice Channels
- Player names will now display properly in Private Matches when spectating
- Fixed a visual bug with the Hot Wheels Fast 4WD and MR11 Team Decals
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple Paint Finishes to appear darker than intended, including ‘Bling,’ ‘Grassy,’ and ‘Glossy’
- [PlayStation 5] Fixed a bug preventing Rocket League from playing at the correct, higher resolution when the console is set to Quality mode
- Fixed a bug preventing Apex Wheels from being equippable on the BMW M240i
- [Custom Training] UI now updates correctly when controls are changed
- Fixed a bug preventing players from canceling matchmaking when on the Training Arena select screen
- Players who leave a match will no longer show up in the skip goal replay list
- Fixed a bug preventing players from seeing their own messages in chat
- Fixed the Clear All Friend Requests modal so it works as intended
For more articles like this, take a look at our Rocket League and More page.