Football Manager 2023 has been out for some time, but some major news has just dropped, confirming the arrival of the PS5 edition.
FM23 will debut for the first time ever on PlayStation and we've got the confirmed release date and full details available below.
Football Manager 2023 PS5 Release Date Confirmed
Football Manager 2023 will debut on the PlayStation 5 on February 1st.
The first-time-ever edition of the game was revealed months ago, but a lengthy delay left many fans concerned.
Now, we have full details on the release date and we can't wait to get started in our brand new managerial career.
FM23 Console will now launch with a 20% discount for all PlayStation Plus subscribers which will be redeemable until Tuesday, February 14th at 3:00pm GMT.
Miles Jacobson, Sports Interactive’s Studio Director, said:
“We’re delighted with today’s update that we’re finally going to be able to get FM23 Console into the hands of PS5 gamers. Since the initial delay, the team at Sports Interactive and our colleagues at SEGA have worked tirelessly with Sony to overcome the issues and we’re pleased to now have a release candidate ready to launch next week.
“While it's unusual for us to release a game during a major football transfer window, our priority from the moment our initial launch was postponed was to get the game into the hands of PS5 gamers as quickly as possible. Once all the global transfer windows are closed, we will provide a data update for the PS5 edition in line with the updates for all of our other platforms.”
Console Features REVEALED
It looks like PS5 has joined the FM lineup at the right time, with some great new features introduced for the newly named FM23 Console edition of the game.
With the title now available on PS5 as well as Xbox, the Console version of the game will cater specifically to those gamers.
FM23 will make some changes to the Recruitment process and also introduce fresh terminology to the Tactical Instructions.
New features specifically coming to the Console version are:
- Matchdays - They will have a more 'hands-on' feel, with new radical menus to better influence the match
- Touchline Tablet - Has been remodelled to be the go-to place for match actions
- Out of Possession Tactical Instructions - Changes introduced in FM23 are incorporated into the FM23 Console version
- Team Talks - Added to a console edition for the first time and available at half-time and full-time
- Recruitment Focuses - An evolution of the Assignments previously available, will make recruitment more accessible
- Dynamic Manager Timeline - Track your progression as a manager with highlighted milestones and achievements
Take a more in-depth look at the FM23 Console new features here.