As the Team of the Season campaign takes us through the end of the FIFA 23 Ultimate Team cycle, plenty of Squad Building Challenges (SBCs) are being released for top-tier players.
SBCs are a key part of Ultimate Team, and recently some of the challenges have required players of a certain rating.
To complete these specific SBCs, you'll need the right items in your club. So, check out the cheapest 88-rated players in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team below.
Cheapest 88-Rated Gold Players
A couple of the cheapest 88-rated players in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team have two gold versions in the game, due to mid-season moves.
Make sure you get hold of the correct version when picking up Joan Cancelo (Manchester City & Bayern Munich) and Keylor Navas (PSG & Nottingham Forest), not just because one version will be cheaper than the other, but also because it may be vital to other SBC requirements!
Man City pair Bernardo Silva and Ruben Dias are also among the cheapest 88 OVR players, and their perfect chemistry links could prove vital in certain situations.
Top 10 cheapest 88-rated players in FUT 23:
- Joao Cancelo (Bayern Munich) - 16,500 coins
- Keylor Navas (Nottingham Forest) - 16,500 coins
- Bernardo Silva - 16,500 coins
- Ruben Dias - 16,750 coins
- Erling Haaland - 16,750 coins
- Toni Kroos - 17,000 coins
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen - 17,000 coins
- Joao Cancelo (Manchester City) - 17,250 coins
- Gianluigi Donnarumma - 17,750 coins
- Marquinhos - 18,500 coins
Cheapest 88-Rated Special Items
The higher up the ratings you go, the fewer gold players are around to invest in, so you will have to start turning to special items.
There are plenty of Team of the Week cards to get hold of, often costing a similar amount to the gold items.
Lesser used FUT Heroes and promo cards can also be picked up for a bargain price, so it is worth looking around before investing!
Top 10 cheapest 88-rated special items in FUT 23:
- Viktor Tsygankov (IF) - 16,500 coins
- Mario Gomez (FUT Hero) - 17,000 coins
- Douglas Luiz (IF) - 17,000 coins
- David Soria (IF) - 17,000 coins
- Edmond Tapsoba (MOTM) - 17,250 coins
- Rodri (IF) - 17,750 coins
- Carlos Vela (IF) - 17,750 coins
- Ricardo Carvalho (FUT Hero) - 18,000 coins
- Parejo (IF) - 18,000 coins
- Omer Toprak (Fantasy FUT) - 18,000 coins
FIFA 23 SBCs
An SBC - or Squad Building Challenge - is one of the playable game modes within Ultimate Team.
You are tasked with building teams using players from your club, but with specific requirements.
SBC requirements regularly include a minimum overall squad rating amongst other things.
So, in order to hit the minimum squad rating, you will need 'SBC fodder'.
SBC fodder refers to high-rated cards that are cheap in price due to either their on-pitch performance or their underrated value in the market but are useful in SBCs because of their high OVR rating.
In many cases, it can be more economical to include an 87 OVR or 88 OVR card in SBCs that require a lower-rated squad, such as an 84 or 85 squad rating, as it can significantly bump up the overall rating of the squad.